Friday, October 9, 2009

~~Make Sure you get my Good Side~~

It's Friday! Who else is excited???  To finish out the week, I decided I should focus on photography since it is still a big part of this blog.  To me, photography is very underappreciated considering how vital it is in our everyday lives.  It makes memories, shows us what's going on in the world, and entertains us in our favorite magazines.  I used to work with photographers and know that it's a whole other world being behind the camera.  At one point, I had my own tabletop photo studio, which is not as expensive. It's actually a lot more liberating than being in the photo. 

For today's star of the day, I did not have to think.  My favorite photographer ever is...

Annie Leibovitz

For those of you who have no clue who that is, let me just show you some of her work that I'm sure you'll recognize instantly.  COOL Lite Portrait Studio Kit



             She does not only photograph celebrities, but this is some of her most famous work.  Controversial? Absolutely.  At least that's what a lot of people thought.  This is art people!

   Other celebrities Ms. Leibovitz has photographed are: Michael Jackson, Whoopi Goldberg, Gwyneth Paltrow, Iggy Pop, John and Yoko, and the list goes on...She's responsible for many of the "Got Milk" ads that everyone loves so much as well.

The most recent news about her revolves around financial troubles and lawsuits, but you can read about that on other sites.  She's still a wonderful photographer!  Everyone agree?
                                      

I hope everyone has a safe, wonderful weekend!

No comments: